Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Making Friends in Panama

(Click on image to enlarge)

Even the horse in the picture shown above knows that sometimes having a good friend or two is a good idea. We all need friends on occasion. Getting to know new people in a new country might seem difficult, but in Panama it is really quite easy. Walk around for a bit in Panama City or Boquete or David and you will run into individuals who hail from Canada and the United States, and increasingly from Europe. They will be just as happy to see you as you are to see them. And the Panamanian people are friendly, open and hospitable.

Then there are the social networking groups that will help you meet new friends. Sign up at http://boquete.ning.com and check out the profiles of interesting individuals there. One new friend of mine on that network is Lynnie English. She took the photograph displayed at the top of this post and kindly gave me permission to use it here.

I love that photograph. Where but in Panama could see such a sight?

Thanks, Lynnie!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I've got a lot of catching up to do! So how soon will you be moving to my mom's native country?

    I have to check with my mom, but I believe we have some extended family living in David. I remember visiting that town as a child. :o)

    Panama is very beautiful. Glad to see that others think so too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lady G~ -- we hope to start construction of homes by the end of this year, or at latest by next spring. It has taken us much longer than we thought it would to get things done in Panama, but it will ultimately be worth it because it will be a beautiful development. I will be building a home there and will live there whenever I am in Panama.

    I visit David every time I am in Panama. It is a bustling city with lots to do and see.

    ReplyDelete