Saturday, December 09, 2006

Six Weird Things About Me

I've been tagged by Bellezza. The Rules: Each player of this game starts with the “6 weird things about himself or herself”. People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things, as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says “you are tagged” in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

I'm not going to bother tagging anyone, Bellezza, as I am leaving the country this weekend and am not sure how much I will be able to track and read others' six weird things posts while I am gone.

So. . . six weird things about me. Let me think:

1. I don't like seafood, like lobster, crab, scallops, shrimp, eel, squid, octopus, etc. Just plain old fish like cod or haddock is OK.

2. I like constant change. I don't like to take the same route to work every day, go to the same holiday destinations, eat at the same restaurants, etc.

3. Almost every year since I was eighteen or so, I have cycled among having a full (but short) beard, a moustache only, and being clean-shaven. Rather than this being like weird thing number two in that I like constant change, it is more that I don't like to be complacent about anything about myself. I don't want to get so used to seeing myself in one specific way that I feel somehow trapped in myself.

4. I am an absolute sissy around rodents. I can't stand mice or rats, especially, they freak me out completely.

5. I like unnatural cold (air-conditioning) but can't stand unnatural heat (like from a furnace.) I hate natural cold (like we have in Ontario) but love natural heat (like the weather in Panama, where I spend a lot of time.)

6. I love cars. Not working on them, especially since I am completely useless mechanically, just driving them. I would love to have a bunch of interesting cars. But . . . I hate depreciating assets and car shopping, so I rarely buy a new car. The longest I have ever driven the same car, a 1985 Audi 5000, is fifteen years.

There. I hope these things are sufficiently weird, Bellezza.

I am off to Panama on Monday, for eight days or so, and hope to post several times while I am gone, if I get the chance.

2 comments:

  1. The vehicle theme continues..

    lol

    Bellezza thought you drove a red roadster.

    I know what you mean about heat/cold.

    Enjoy your trip!! Look forward to reading you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you participated, atavist. (And Penny, please join in. I'd love to read your answers.)

    It's a bit strange to post weird things about yourself, because they're probably not weird to you. But I like learning a bit more about each person. I admire how you don't settle, don't accept self complacency, and embrace change.

    I, too, like to shave my moustache. Just kidding! Have a good week in Panama.

    ReplyDelete