Saturday, September 16, 2006

Killing Time. Wish I were killing bugs instead.

I'm sitting at the airport in David. I have to kill two more hours before the commuter plane leaves for Panama City, about a one hour flight. Normally, I would have been out and about, cruising around, trying to squeeze in as much of Panama as I possibly could. I'm afraid I just don't feel like it today.

No, it has nothing to do with Panama. And no, I'm not disenchanted about anything. It's just that I got bitten by some vile bug on Thursday, and I'm just now starting to feel at least a litte bit like myself. That I'm feeling better at all probably has something to do with the fact that I slept for fifteen hours straight, from 5pm Friday to 8am Saturday. Sleep cures all, right?

Tonight I will stay at the Hotel El Panama in Panama City, then tomorrow afternoon, it's back to Canada. Time goes by much too quickly.

I called my wife earlier today and discovered that she too had been ill. I guess those bugs really get around. Or maybe, they just have relatives everywhere.

Things are slowly proceeding with our project. 'Slowly,' of course is the operative word. That's the way thing work in the tropics. That's something I am going to have to get used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment