Friday, March 03, 2006

Harry Browne, R.I.P.

Harry Browne, libertarian columnist, author and two-time candidate for U.S. president under the Libertarian Party banner, has died. I didn't always agree with everything Browne said or did, not that he would have or should have cared. I can't think of a single person with whom I would agree on everything, all the time, including myself. Still, losing Browne means that there is one less libertarian voice in the world, and that alone is a tragedy.

I've read a number of Browne's books and found them all interesting or informative or both. The one book that I think everyone should read is How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World. It has much of value for anyone who is frustrated by being over-taxed, over-regulated, spied on, bossed around and generally disrespected by his political masters.

Goodbye, Harry. We'll miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment