Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The circle of life . . .

While we are waiting for approvals to begin the building of roads and utilities on our Roca Milagro project in Rovira Arriba, Panama, we are allowing a local farmer to graze cattle on our land. One of the cows had passed away when we toured the property last week and the vultures were already gathering for a feast.

Life is like that. It stops for nothing and no-one. When something has outlived its usefulness, it decays and dies and makes room for something new. That includes us, the human beings who populate our planet. As much as I would like to think that I am going to live forever, I know it just isn't going to happen. At least, I hope, when I go I won't be vulture food.

I am trying valiantly to catch up with all of the things I need to do after my trip to Panama and will get back to some more regular posting soon.

In the meantime, I am supercharged with energy and goodwill and rarin' to go. The trip was great. While I was very busy with lawyers, accountants and other functionaries, the time was very relaxing too.

Enjoy every day. That is my motto, or at least one of them. Make the vultures wait. They, or the nasty little critters that will be chewing away at our remains when we go, will get their turn soon enough.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it's all part of a cycle. The vultures are actually magnificent, in their way, are they not? Nature's undertakersm decked out in widow's weeds. Lovely photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't mind the vultures then, because I'll have done with the corpse, and someone's got to clean up the mess since I'll obviously be incapable of it.
    It's the leeches of present day that I strive to dodge and avoid, so as to get the most out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you, Galt. I could do without the leeches too.

    Phlegmfatale: widow's weeds -- I hadn't considered that particular take on the subject, but it certainly does fit the situation, doesn't it? Come to think of it, I have never seen a vulture in other than very dowdy plumage, usually dark brown or black.

    ReplyDelete