Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Duh!

Yep, it's official. I'm an idiot.

In yesterday's post, I mentioned that I had had no idea where the 76ers basketball team was from until I looked them up on their website. Later, when I got home after work, I suddenly felt my face flush with embarrassment. What was wrong with me? 76. 1776. Philadelphia, the birthplace of America. The Liberty Bell. The Declaration of Independence. The Constitution of the United States of America.

It's even more embarrassing when I have to admit the thrill I felt when we moved to our current home and the telephone number we were assigned had 1776 as the last four digits. My company, at our www.wordlcix.com website, produces and sells a "USA eBook" which contains, among other things, the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution.

So, it's not like I didn't have the raw materials to assemble the puzzle. It must be senility. Or as my son calls it, the 'geezer factor.'

Thanks to all for not pointing out my cluelessness. I think I will spend the rest of the day hiding under my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment