Thursday, February 21, 2008

Stuff is Happening

Even in Panama things happen. Eventually.

Two-hundred-and-some-odd truckloads of 'tosca', a gravel and sand mix, have been dumped on the road between Rovira Arriba and our Roca Milagro site. The photograph above shows a grader spreading it out over the one and a half kilometer distance. It will then be compacted and will be our contribution to the Rovira Arriba and Rovira Abajo communities. Aren't we nice? It will, of course, also mean that those who buy lots from us won't be breaking axles on the former ruts and potholes.

The gate/entranceway area has been graded. Because there are already massive stone walls everywhere on the property, we want to stay consistent with that theme. Stone masons are now building similar walls at the approach to where the entranceway to the community will be. That process is shown in the photograph above.


I am sitting right now in our Cocktails in Boquete bar. My partner Pete, the guy who actually runs the place, is shown in the photograph above. He is an interesting and colourful character and we get along well. I like his taste in art too . . . nudge, nudge, wink, wink. All we have to do now is make some money with the bar. I'm sure that will come eventually.

More as I have time.

Note to Mark: Outbound email relay isn't working here, so I'll connect when I get back, unless you know of a magic fix that hasn't yet occurred to me.

4 comments:

  1. You've got to be terribly excited about all this massive progress, I certainly am! Anything involving a large grader is worth goose bumps.

    Is the T&A art hanging in the bar? It's delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess lumpy asses (pictured in the painting) aren't singular to America. One gets the idea, from Vogue magazine, that everyone's butt is smooth as glass. Thanks for the clarification. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that just like a man. LOL! God certainly knew what he was doing when he created us humans didn't he? :o)

    I like what Bellezza said. Not only are they not smooth as glass, but they come in all different sizes, shapes, and color. What they see in those magazines are only in less that 1% of the population. Also, how real are they really?! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lin: Yep, right inside the main entrance. I like it!

    Bellezza: Female asses, lumpy or otherwise, are delightful. I'm just trying to show my appreciation. ;)

    Lady~g: Give me a real woman any time, rather than the emaciated and 'improved' versions. Most men, I think, feel the same.

    ReplyDelete