Friday, June 15, 2007

Next...

That handsome young man in the photo above is my nephew Jessie. He borrowed my old land boat to take his date to their high school senior prom tonight and I just had to take a picture to record the day for posterity.

I remember Jessie and his three older siblings from the time they were born and have watched them all grow up. Where has the time gone? Jasmine, the eldest girl is married and living in Ottawa. Amber just finished college and will start a new job soon. Jordan is in India at the moment and will be returning to go to university in the fall. Jessie? I'm not one hundred percent sure, but I believe he will be off to university or college as well.

I'm proud of my nieces and nephews, both my brother's kids listed above and my sister's kids, Harold and Rita. I just wonder how it is that they are suddenly all grown up now and I am so much older. Time needs to slow down just a bit.

2 comments:

  1. Ohh, you touched a nerve here. My three children are all older now than I was when I had them.

    Jessie is a handsome boy. It sounds as if all your nieces and nephews have done well. Good job, Uncle Atavist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie looks very handsome and impressive. I hope he and his date had a grand time!

    ReplyDelete