Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Even Superboy Can Have a Bad Day


I don't remember why my son was so unhappy when I snapped this photograph years ago, but it makes me laugh every time I see it. The humour is in the fact that even the boy of steel can get as frustrated and feel as helpless as the rest of us. There are many things that upset us all. The trick is always to cope and get past our troubles. I guess the Superboy suit didn't help.

My son has decided that he wants to be a businessman, like his dad. Of course, he may change his mind a dozen times over the coming years, but for the moment it is fun to speak with him about what I do, and what we might do in business together. We were having a conversation last night, about the qualities that help people succeed in business. I quipped that in addition to intelligence, a good work ethic, common sense and recognition of opportunity when it presents itself, businessmen need two qualities in particular: brass balls and nerves of steel.

We'll see how that turns out.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this picture!

    You will be a great model for him, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete