Friday, December 02, 2005

But it's only December 2!!

I just looked out my office window again. It has snowed most of the day. Visibility has varied from some to none and back again. Right now, the sun is making a brief appearance, before it retires for the night. Everything looks beautiful, white and clean. By tomorrow, of course, this will all have turned to slush and it will be grey and dirty.

My car has nearly a foot of snow on it. I'm considering camping out in my office until the snow melts in a day or two, or the usual January thaw, or when spring arrives.

I hate winter. Correction: I hate Canadian winters.

My wife and son just called and asked that I stop and pick up a pizza on the way home. "Something good has to come of this," reasoned my son.

And it shall. Off I will go, to brush off my car, drive to Pizza Pizza, and make things better. Pizza will do that. Comfort food, you know.

I hope this isn't a sign of what is to come over the next few months. Global warming, indeed. Where the hell is it when I need it?

2 comments:

  1. Everyone I know here is freaking out because it snowed a few inches over the last week, and all our inported rednecks don't know how to drive on it. My standard response: "Snow? In the late fall/early winter? Whodathunkit? Go figure?"
    That's okay, I got a "planet-polluting, environment-destroying" SUV now. I'm ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's where you are hanging out, Jason... I love San Antonio. I spent a day or two there a couple of years ago. It's a charming city. I have two cousins with their families living in Plano, Texas.

    ReplyDelete