Saturday, November 19, 2005

Boquete, Panama

Saturday, November 20, 2005

Well, here I am in Boquete. Time is going by way too quickly. I drove from Tonasi, about seven hours with frequent stops. This is a beautiful and lively little place with lots of gringos around. Reinhold, the guy I mentioned in an earlier post, was walking up the street in front of my hotel just after I checked in. We chatted and later had coffee together.

Many Canadian and Americans have bought land here. I will be looking around myself, although I am not sure that I want to buy a second property in Panama. Still, it is very pretty... hmmm.

I took quite a view pictures on the drive. The one in this post is of a howler monkey baby and its mother. They were sunning themselves on a bridge over a valley and I was lucky enough to get several closeup snaps. They live in the treetops, which in this case just happened to be the same height as the bridge, so they enjoyed some sun, then swung away into the canopy again. There are howler monkeys in the forest near where I bought my piece of land, but the pictures I took of them were from so far away it is hard to recognize them as what they are.

As you may have deduced, I made several posts today because I finally have high speed internet access. After today, it may be several days again.

There will be more to come, when I can. I am having a blast. This is a great place to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment