Wednesday, August 06, 2008

A Hoarse Horse


Were the horse in the photograph above able to count, it would take him years, I'm sure, to count all of the rocks on our Roca Milagro property. I love rocks. I love the rock walls we are building with the rocks. But there is always the possibility of too much of a good thing, right?

We need gravel during our infrastructure development at the site, lots of gravel. Rather than trucking in gravel from elsewhere, we are bringing in a rock crusher to make gravel from some of our gazillions of rocks. Don't worry, we're not going to run out. The counting horse will still make himself hoarse while counting our rocks, even if we grind up and crush a few thousand of them.

What gets me is that these boulders, some the size of a good-sized automobile, are purported to have been expelled by Volcan Baru, several dozens of miles away from our site. Wow. I'm sure glad the volcano is sleeping. And I'm especially glad I wasn't around when it belched out those rocks hundreds of years ago. On the plus side, we have enough rocks to keep on building rock walls for years to come.

I wonder if the horse in the photograph above is named Henry, and if he dances the waltz. Geezers like me will 'get' that reference, younger readers may have to do some Googling to 'get it.'

No comments:

Post a Comment