It looks as though we might have sold our home. We accepted a conditional offer yesterday. The purchasers have until the end of July to sell their home, but I don't imagine that will be a problem. Their home is well-priced, well-kept and should be an easy sell. We were able to negotiate a long closing, November 3rd, to be exact, but we will have to find a home site and build a house by then. I have a feeling we may be living in a motel for awhile. Maybe not. One has to have faith, right? Expect the best? Glass half full?
We hope to move to an area more convenient to my son's high school, when he starts there in September, and a little closer to his friends as well. We also want something smaller, with less yard work to do for an old geezer like me. I will miss the many mature evergreens, the dozen or so deciduous trees, and the hundreds of perennials. I won’t miss the work, though. Everything has a price. I don’t want to spend all of my free time in the yard, just to appreciate the beauty for a few short months in our Canadian summer.
I spent a lot of time today, looking at home plans on the internet. I was seeking inspiration, so that I can develop the ideas into a plan of my own. I like doing that. Hopefully I can settle on something suitable in the time we have available.
It looks like this weekend we will be doing a lot of driving around, looking for a suitable building lot, close enough to London to suit our purposes. I have my eye on two possibilities.
One question: Given the postage stamp size of building lots these days, why don't they call them 'littles,' instead of 'lots?'
I know, it's a bad joke. It's the best I can do, though, after a hectic week.
Have a great weekend.