Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Sights to See Near Panama City, Panama

Afternoon, November 22, 2005

After my adventure with the Panamanian police earlier today, I drove out of the city a bit to the Miafiore locks on the Panama Canal. It was fascinating to watch a ship drop as the locks opened and allowed the water to escape. I had seen the process before, in the Welland Canal locks, near Port Colborne, Ontario, but this was on a much grander scale.

I was part of a substantial crowd watching the process from the fourth floor observation deck of the visitors centre. As we watched, a television cameraman and a female reporter arrived to tape a segment for some TV show. Suddenly, the men on the observation deck were unaware of what was happening in the locks below.

I wonder what kind of show the reporter works for.

No comments:

Post a Comment