Friday, November 11, 2005

Off to Panama

This weekend I will be off to Toronto. Monday morning, I will catch an early flight to Tocumen Airport, near Panama City, Panama. I think I'm all ready to go. My laptop's browser bookmarks and email address book are updated. My passport is packed. Naturally, I couldn't imagine heading off to Panama without listening to 'Panama' by Van Halen, so I did that this morning. Yes, I know it's silly and that one doesn't have anything to do with the other. I don't care.

The Panama weather forecast calls for rain and thunderstorms. This time of year, that sort of weather is to be expected and is part of the tropical experience. Can't have rain forests without rain, right? I'm going to have a blast, rain or shine. Along with the coastal areas bordering the Pacific on one side and the Caribbean on the other, I plan to visit some inland areas as well. Boquete is one inland town I plan to visit. They have what must be the coolest weather page on the internet.

Over the 10 days that I will be in Panama, I hope to write a blog post or two, if I have internet access anywhere. I will also write about at least some of my experiences, good or bad, when I return. I have rented a Daihatsu Terios for my adventures. I have no experience with Daihatsu, so I hope it is a dependable vehicle. I will be driving many miles along both coasts of Panama, looking for that elusive perfect property to invest in. Whether I am successful in finding something or not, remains to be seen. It will be an exciting experience, regardless. I hope to do some trekking in the Panamanian jungles as well. It would be a shame to visit there and not see the more remote areas and at least some of the exotic birds and other wildlife there.

I'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment