Thursday, November 24, 2005

Cattle Ranching in Panama




The first picture above is one of my favourites from my Panama trip. Riders like the one shown here are everywhere in Panama, herding cattle from one grazing spot to another, often along busy highways.

I came upon this herd suddenly, without time to get out and compose that perfect shot. As a result, I like the photograph even better than I otherwise might have. The additional perspective provided by the rearview mirror adds interest to the composition.

The herd was one of only a handful I saw in Panama that wasn't of the Brahman breed. Countless Brahman herds, with thousands of animals, dot the lanscape of Panama. I'm not sure why the Brahman breed is so popular. They are certainly interesting animals to look at, as you can see from the white animal in the second photograph.

Steak, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment