Friday, October 07, 2005

Thanksgiving

It has been a trying week. Sometimes, when frustrations mount, it is easy to forget all that is good in our lives. I had a conversation with my son the other day about just that. We were discussing being poor. I've been poor and didn't like it much. It limits choices. My son was saying that being poor is a relative thing. Based on what he can buy or do with his monthly allowance, he is poor compared to other kids who might get a larger allowance, but rich compared to kids in other countries.

The way I see it, he and all his friends have it pretty good. Most of us have it pretty good, compared to what our parents and grandparents had to endure. I feel pretty lucky. But then luck is what you make it, isn't it?

Monday is Thanksgiving Day in Canada. I hereby give thanks for what I value most: my family and my health. Everything else is just like that cranberry sauce we're all going to have with our Thanksgiving turkey -- dressing.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment