Friday, September 09, 2005

Trivialities

There are many things that tick me off in this world and many things that I would like to write about. During this past week, none of these things have seemed terribly important, compared to the very real suffering endured by so many in New Orleans and elsewhere in the region. With all the post-Katrina misery, what can I be but grateful for what I have?

I am saddened that much of the American south that I loved so much is irrevocably altered. Some of the lovely people I encountered during trips to Mississippi and Louisiana may be dead. Others may have lost everything they owned and will have to start over again.

Anything I might wish to bitch about seems very trivial by comparison. Over the weekend, I am going to spend time counting my blessings.

One, two, three...

No comments:

Post a Comment